What is vein ablation and how can it help you?
Vein ablation is a type of procedure where damaged or defunct veins can be closed. It’s used as a treatment for varicose veins, and the benefits are plenty. Vein ablation is a great treatment option for those suffering from varicose veins because it is relatively painless and can be completed in a short period of time at a specialist’s office. The procedure is also minimally invasive, meaning it may leave very small scars, if any, after the procedure. To learn more about how vein ablation can help your venous condition improve, keep reading the information below.
How can vein ablation help your venous condition?
- It closes off faulty varicose veins — One of the first benefits of undergoing vein ablation is that it closes off any varicose veins that have become damaged or may have stopped working properly. Closing off a faulty vein allows the body to dissolve the vein and redirect blood into functioning blood vessels.
- Painful or uncomfortable symptoms are reduced — Another benefit of undergoing a venous procedure to have damaged veins closed off is that it can minimize the amount of pain or discomfort felt from the varicose veins. Many patients report feeling relief from the symptoms after they get their procedure done.
- Blood flow is rerouted — An added advantage of vein ablation is that the blood that once struggled to flow through the faulty veins can now successfully flow through the healthy veins. The procedure functions to reroute the blood to better-working veins.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers for your vein ablation treatments
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option for your vein condition and include it in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about your vein condition and the ways it can be treated or to set up an initial appointment.