3 vitamins that can be helpful for blood circulation in the legs
Blood circulation can be affected by a number of factors, both positively and negatively. Certain factors such as lifestyle, physical activity and diet can either negatively affect the ability of the circulatory system to push blood throughout the body, or improve it if these factors are optimized. Lifestyle, physical activity and diet aren’t the only factors that can contribute to healthy circulation; vitamins can also play an important role. If you’d like to know more about which vitamins you can take to improve your blood circulation in the legs, keep reading below.
Which vitamins are helpful for blood circulation in the legs?
- Vitamin E — Vitamin E is an essential vitamin for preventing the buildup of plaque. It helps reduce the chances of platelets sticking together, which causes buildups of plaque. It can also help prevent cramps in the legs that may be caused by poor blood circulation in the legs.
- Vitamin C — This vitamin could be considered a supervitamin for your circulatory health. It’s helpful for a variety of reasons: it has anti-inflammatory properties, it can strengthen the vein walls, and it can heal damage incurred along the vein walls as well.
- Vitamin D — Vitamin D can help promote vein elasticity and the contraction of veins. This is essential for helping reduce the risk of rigid veins and veins that can’t contract properly.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers for help improving your blood circulation in your legs using vitamins
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option to improve your blood circulation and include them in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about improving circulation in the legs or to set up an initial appointment.