What are the top 5 signs of poor circulation in the legs?
Good blood circulation is essential for maintaining good overall health. The longevity of your organs depends on it. Poor circulation can manifest in the body in several ways. If you suspect you may have less than adequate circulation, there are a few symptoms that may tell you. Check out these common signs below.
What are some of the most common signs of poor circulation in the legs?
- Tingling or numbness.
- Pain or aching.
- Unusual coloration.
- Large, bulging veins.
What can you do to improve poor circulation in the legs?
- Get regular exercise and movement each day — One of the best things you can do is to exercise each day — try to keep moving as much as possible. Regular exercise is an integral part of keeping circulation healthy. If you have poor circulation, you could significantly benefit from implementing an exercise routine.
- Wear compression stockings — Your medical care provider will likely prescribe compression stockings or socks for you to wear every day. These stockings are meant to function in a few different ways. They not only help prevent blood from pooling in the legs and feet, but they also help boost circulation through the lower extremities.
- Minimally invasive procedures — If the state of your circulation is less than ideal and won’t respond to regular exercise and compression stockings, you may be recommended to undergo a minimally invasive procedure at a specialist’s office. These procedures, like endovenous laser ablation, can seal off ineffective veins to reroute blood toward functional blood vessels.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers for your vein condition
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option for your vein condition and include it in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about your vein condition and the ways it can be treated or to set up an initial appointment.