Improve Your Circulation From Home
Circulation is essential to your body’s functionality. Good blood flow can ensure that your organs are working as they’re supposed to and that you are functioning at full capacity. It delivers nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood to various parts of your body.
Poor circulation can occur for a number of reasons, and when it does, it can create significant issues in the body. That’s why it’s important to consult with a specialist for guidance. Vein and vascular specialists can help you improve poor circulation to effectively restore your veins.
Improve Circulation with Exercise & Diet
- Elevate your legs — One of the things you can do from home to improve the circulation in your legs is to keep your legs elevated. The best kind of elevation for your legs can be achieved by raising your legs at an angle so they’re above your heart. Keeping elevated can help reduce swelling and inflammation and help your blood travel up your legs if they struggled to do so previously. When we keep our legs on the floor all the time or stand for long periods of time, the blood starts to pool in our legs and feet. Elevating can be an effective way to encourage the blood to move back up the legs.
- Keep extra hydrated — Another great way to improve the circulation in your legs from home is to make sure you’re staying hydrated enough. Over 90% of the blood in your body is made up of water. When dehydrated, that blood can thicken and become harder to transport through the body. However, when you ensure that you’re drinking enough water each day, the blood thins out and becomes easier for your blood vessels to circulate. If you’re not already, make sure to drink lots of fluids for the health of your vascular system!
- Try yoga and stretching — Regular movement is key to boosting circulation in the legs. Exercise is great for your vascular health, but it doesn’t have to be vigorous exercise. You can improve your circulation even during slower activities like yoga and stretching.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers for your vein treatments
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option for your vein condition and include it in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about your vein condition and the ways it can be treated or to set up an initial appointment.