Sarah Donnelly Hans, M.D.
Board-Certified Surgeon & Vein Specialist
Dr. Sarah Donnelly Hans M.D. is a highly skilled patient centric board-certified surgeon who earned her Doctor of Medicine Degree at Northeast Ohio Medical University and her Bachelor of Arts with Honors at Brown University. She is board- certified in general surgery as well as in colon and rectal surgery. Dr. Hans decided she wanted to become a doctor at the age of 11 after breaking her arm while on a ski trip. She decided to pursue a career in surgery because she enjoys doing procedures which allows her to forge a genuine connection with her patients. “I feel like, through procedures, I am able to make an immediate and lasting impact on a patient’s quality of life” says Dr. Hans.
She has been a surgeon for 10 years and has held appointments at world renown hospitals such as Beaumont Health System in Troy, Michigan, Mount Carmel Health System in Columbus, OH, and St. John Hospital and Medical Center in Detroit, MI. She is a member of many well-known medical societies like the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, Michigan State Medical Society, and the American Medical Association. “Working at United Vein & Vascular Centers feels like being part of a family” says Dr. Hans. We are very excited to have her part of the United Vein & Vascular Centers team.
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH Doctor of Medicine
- Brown University, Providence, RI Bachelor of Arts with Honors, Political Science
- Attending Colorectal Surgeon, Beaumont Health System, Troy, MI
- Colorectal Surgery Fellow, Mount Carmel Health System, Columbus, OH
- Surgical Resident, St. John Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Surgical Intern, Mount Carmel Health System, Columbus, OH