Why do my legs feel heavy so often?
Do you have persistent feelings in your legs that you can really only describe as something that’s just “heavy”? You’re not alone. This is typically a sign of vascular disease.
If you’re experiencing leg heaviness, here are some things that you should be on the lookout for. This symptom can be a sign of a few different types of conditions. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with a vein specialist who can help you deal with your symptoms.
Why might your legs be feeling heavy?
- Chronic venous insufficiency — Chronic venous insufficiency is a disease that involves the veins in your legs. When these veins start to malfunction, symptoms include swelling, itching and heaviness among other things.
- Varicose veins — Varicose veins are damaged veins that reduce the flow of blood through the affected limbs. A common symptom of varicose veins is feeling heaviness in the legs.
- Deep vein thrombosis — Deep vein thrombosis is the medical term for a blood clot. If your leg heaviness is accompanied by pain and cramping, this could be a warning sign that you may have a blot clot in one of your legs. If you think you may be experiencing a blood clot in your leg, you should see a vein doctor immediately to seek treatment. Fast treatment is essential for preventing fatalities if you’re dealing with deep vein thrombosis.
There are a few other vascular-related vein conditions that may affect your legs; these are just a few of the most common. If you feel any abnormal sensations in your legs or if these abnormal sensations have become the norm for you, it’s a good idea to contact a vein center for assistance. You don’t have to wonder why your legs are feeling heavy.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers to determine why your legs are feeling heavy
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option for your vein condition and include it in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about your vein condition and the ways it can be treated or to set up an initial appointment.