Vein procedure and what to expect after treatment
Thinking about undergoing any procedure can be pretty intimidating, let alone a vein procedure. If you’re trying to anticipate what to expect before, during and even after your procedure before making a decision, here’s what you need to know.
Understanding vein procedure: what to expect before, during and after
Vein treatment and recovery can be unique to every patient. However, there are some general views on how treatment and recovery typically go. These may be able to give you a better understanding of the procedure and what you can expect from it.
- During the procedure — The procedure will be completed in an operating room, just to minimize the risk of infection in other settings. The procedure will be relatively painless and can be done quickly.
- Aftercare — It’s recommended that patients who have recently undergone a venous procedure don’t enter bathtubs, pools or hot tubs for at least a week. Normal physical activities may also be resumed after at least a week’s time, but walking will be encouraged to help improve blood flow.
- Rest and recovery time — A common concern is how long the rest and recovery period will require after the procedure. Luckily, most patients can return to normal daily activities immediately after their procedure. Patients may experience symptoms like bruising, tightening and discomfort in the area, but it shouldn’t interfere with normal operations. If you experience continued discomfort, you can take over-the-counter painkillers or consult with your specialist.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers for your vein treatment plans
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option for your vein condition and include it in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about your vein condition and the ways it can be treated or to set up an initial appointment.