How to get rid of varicose veins with a vein specialist’s help
Varicose veins are those pesky, bulging veins that appear on the back of your legs. You know, the blue and purple ones that twist around in crazy contortions? Those are the ones. They’re damaged veins that have become ineffective at circulating blood around your body.
Some people with varicose veins don’t experience any symptoms other than having crazy-looking veins on the backs of their legs. However, some people can feel the effects of these veins, which manifest as pain and discomfort. Those who experience uncomfortable symptoms are the ones who would benefit from going to a vein and vascular specialist for help. To learn more about how a specialist can help you get rid of varicose veins and minimize your symptoms, keep reading below.
What can you do to get rid of varicose veins with a specialist?
- Undergo a minimally invasive procedure — To get rid of your varicose veins, your specialist may recommend that you undergo a simple procedure to seal off the ends of your damaged veins. There are a few different types of procedures that they can do, but they all result in improved blood flow because they reroute the blood into healthier, functional veins in your legs.
- Engage in regular exercise and get in more movement — Your specialist will likely help you come up with a detailed plan to get your body moving as much as possible. Movement as simple as walking, swimming, and stretching can help promote circulation throughout your body and improve your vein health.
- Regularly wear compression stockings — Compression stockings are a good tool for preventing blood from pooling in the bottom of your legs. They also help boost the circulation in your legs, so you’d be wise to wear them as much as possible.
When do you need a vein specialist’s help to get rid of varicose veins?
- When they start aching and throbbing.
- When your legs become itchy, dry, and leathery.
- When your legs and feet start swelling.
- When you notice feeling heaviness or restlessness in your legs.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers for your varicose vein treatments
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option for your vein condition and include it in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about your vein condition and the ways it can be treated or to set up an initial appointment.