SANJEEV SAXENA, M.D.
Board-Certified Cardio Vascular Disease Specialist
As a medical student, Dr. Sanjeev Saxena once witnessed a patient having a cardiac arrest – and felt in awe of the cardiologists who were able to successfully resuscitate him. In that moment, he realized, “That is what I want to do. That is my calling,” he remembers.
Now an accomplished cardiologist in his own right – he is the author of a book and many clinical papers on cardiovascular care and a longtime instructor in cardiovascular disease – Dr. Saxena brings to United Vein & Vascular Centers an in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge cardiovascular medicine. While earning his M.B.A from Auburn University, Dr. Saxena owned and operated a multi-provider cardiology practice in Alabama – including the state’s only outpatient cardiac catheterization lab.
Dr. Saxena strives to put patients first. “I consider it a privilege to be a physician,” he says. “Patients enter your office as a stranger and open up their most private concerns and fears to you. It is an honor I take seriously.”
- American Board of Internal Medicine, with subspecialty certification in cardiovascular disease
- MBA, Auburn University
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Georgia
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Cardiology Fellowship, University of Miami
- Internal Medicine Residency, Penn State University, Hershey Medical Center
- Medical School, Medical College of GA, School of Medicine, M.D.
- Undergraduate, University of Georgia, B.S. Biology Oglethorpe University