Are twisting blue veins on the backs of my legs normal?
Most everyone can see their own veins in certain regions of the body. Take a look at the inside of your wrists. See the blue or green veins there? That’s totally normal. However, if you’re starting to see blue or purple veins on the backs of your legs, this may be cause for some concern. If very complex and swollen-looking veins are showing up on your legs, these could be a sign of varicose veins.
Varicose veins are veins that have become damaged and don’t work properly. They don’t circulate blood through the legs and up to the heart efficiently and may cause a variety of other symptoms that can cause discomfort and even pain in some cases.
What are some treatment options for those abnormally twisting blue veins on the back of the legs?
There are a few types of minimally invasive procedures that can be performed by a specialist on a patient who comes into a clinic with swollen blue veins.
- Sclerotherapy — One of these procedures is sclerotherapy; it involves the use of a special solution that can be inserted into the defunct veins to close them. The closure of the damaged veins allows for the blood to be pushed through other veins that function better.
- Varithena procedure — During the Varithena procedure, a medical-grade foam is inserted into the faulty veins. This also collapses them and allows the blood to be rerouted to healthier veins.
- VenaSeal — VenaSeal is a medical-grade glue that can be used to seal the ends of the damaged veins and reroute blood flow to better veins so that your circulation can improve.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers for more varicose vein treatment options
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option for your vein condition and include it in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about your vein condition and the ways it can be treated or to set up an initial appointment.