Discover the Early Signs of Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are enlarged and contorted veins. They can present in almost every region of the body, but they most commonly occur on the backs of legs. The presence of varicose veins can often be more than just a cosmetic problem. They can cause serious discomfort and even lead to more issues in some cases.
It’s important to note that having varicose veins is a progressive condition. Your symptoms may be early stage now, but they will likely progress into more serious symptoms, so it’s important that you seek out the right care to manage your symptoms.
What are some symptoms of early-stage varicose veins?
There are symptoms that present themselves in the later stage, but if you haven’t yet been diagnosed with late-stage varicose veins, here are some symptoms of early-stage varicose veins.
- Red spots on the backs of your legs — One common symptom of early-stage varicose veins are red spots on the backs of the legs.
- Soreness in the legs — Another warning sign is soreness or heaviness in the legs. This can take place especially after periods of rest or standing.
- Shine on the legs — A sheen on the legs can sometimes be noticed in those who have early onset varicose veins. If you start seeing a shine on your legs that is abnormal for you, you may want to speak with a vein specialist.
- Swelling in the feet — Swelling in the feet on a regular basis is an indication that you could be at increased risk of developing varicose veins.
Contact United Vein & Vascular Centers for your varicose vein treatments
You don’t have to continue worrying about symptoms of vein conditions that are making your life more difficult. Our vein specialists at United Vein & Vascular Centers are here to help you. Each of our team members understands the uncertainty and discomfort that vein problems can lead to, and that’s why they’re committed to helping you better understand your condition, your symptoms and the options you can use to address them.
Our specialists can also help you find the most effective treatment option for your vein condition and include it in a comprehensive treatment plan that’s designed to:
- Reduce your symptoms.
- Improve your ability to walk and perform other normal daily tasks.
- Increase your overall quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about your vein condition and the ways it can be treated or to set up an initial appointment.